1) Download the InfoSphere Streams Quick Start Edition off the official IBM website, you will need to setup an IBM ID, but its free. Extract the resulting archive.
2) Download VMWare Workstation
3) Once VMWare Workstation has been installed, add the extracted Streams VM to the library.
4) Open Virtual Network Editor, add a Virtual Network Adaptor:
set to Network type to NAT, then select NAT Settings and forward the ports 8443 for both TCP and UDP.
5) Modify the VM to use this newly defined network adapter
6) Save and power on the VM. The username/password is streamsadmin/passw0rd
7) Once logged in, open InfoSphere Streams Domain Manager to check whether the domain is online: